Overview and History

In 1965 Ted Blackwood and a few others formed the Narrabeen Youth Club. Bill Gooding was President in the first year and from 1966 until 2008 Ted maintained that role. Although now retired from "active" Club service Ted has officially accepted the position of Club Patron.
In 2008 Denis Hole took over as President with Michael Bosschieter as Vice President. The Club has around 1000 members today (650 Football and 350 Netball) and continues to grow.
During those years many children have enjoyed the various sports on offer in the Football (Soccer), Netball, Physical Culture, Cricket and Gymnastics Sections of which only Football and Netball still remain today.
Many of the current adult members have passed through the junior ranks and have children of their own now playing.

When the Club was first formed there was no clubhouse and that happened in 1975 when they purchased for $1 a building that was owned by the Narrabeen RSL which was to be demolished.
This was cut into three pieces and moved to the corner of Boondah and Jacksons Roads.
Ted and the committee members worked hard to set up and keep the Boondah fields for the use of local sports people despite the threat of the Warriewood land release and development over many years.
The committee of Narrabeen Youth Club are a dedicated group of volunteers who have the best interests of the local community at heart.



Ted Blackwood hall Boondah Reserve